Sunday, December 21, 2008

Things I have done...

Okay, I stole this from Suzanne but it was fun and easy.


Things I’ve done in bold.
Things I haven’t done but would like to do in italics.
Things I haven’t done and don't want to do in plain text.

1. Started your own blog. (But this is my first post in 4 months so I am not very good at it.)
2. Slept under the stars. (Without at least a tent? No but it would be fun it I was somewhere warm enough without the fear of animals.)
3. Played in a band — or musical.
4. Visited Hawaii.
5. Watched a meteor shower.
6. Given more than you can afford to charity. (Not really sure what would that really means but I am pretty practical about my giving.)
7. Been to Disneyland. (I've been to Disney World and sorry if I offend any from California but I don't have much of desire to visit.)
8. Climbed a mountain. (I have climbed along the side of my mountains but I haven't really summited anything sizable.)
9. Held a praying mantis.
10. Sang a solo.
11. Bungee jumped.
12. Visited Paris. (Been there, done that, no real reason to back. In case you haven't heard I didn't really like it.)
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea.
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch. (I am not really sure what they mean by this but I taught myself how to make a quilt and I am going to count that.)
15. Adopted a child.
16. Had food poisoning.
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty.
18. Grown your own vegetables. (In theory I would like to but I am fairly certain I would kill the plant before it produced any veggies.)
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France.
20. Slept on an overnight train.
21. Had a pillow fight.
22. Hitchhiked.
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill. (Only once and it was my birthday.)
24. Built a snow fort. (I am not sure how I grew in the midwest and have never done this but I am going to blame it on how much older my siblings are than me and they didn't want to play out in the snow with me.)
25. Held a lamb.
26. Gone skinny dipping.
27. Run a Marathon.
28. Ridden a Gondola in Venice.
29. Seen a total eclipse.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset.
31. Hit a home run. (I would like to but I don't think I can actually achieve it, not holding my breath.)
32. Been on a cruise.
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person.
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors. (But what I really would rather do is something some of my cousins have talked about is walking the route my grandfather marched through France and Germany during World War II.)
35. Seen an Amish community.
36. Taught yourself a new language. (There is just no way I would have enough persistence and motivation to accomplish this.)
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied. (If your not satisfied visit a 3rd world country - if your reading this you have nothing to worry about monetarily.)
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person.
39. Gone rock climbing. (If you think I am going to you have never seen me have to deal with my fear of heights.)
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David.
41. Sung karaoke.
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt.
43. Bought a stranger a meal in a restaurant.
44. Visited Africa.
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight. (I would think I have done this at some point but I can't think of a specific instance.)
46. Been transported in an ambulance.
47. Had your portrait painted.
48. Gone deep sea fishing.
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person.
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris. (I have been to the 2nd level and that was enough to terrify me.)
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling.
52. Kissed in the rain. (This is something that is much more romantic in theory rather than reality but in a light rain I think it would be nice.)
53. Played in the mud. (Yay, Calvin Mud Bowl!)
54. Gone to a drive-in theater.
55. Been in a movie. (It would be cool to save but I could take or leave it.)
56. Visited the Great Wall of China.
57. Started a business. (Again I have toyed with the idea in theory but in reality, I don't think so.)
58. Taken a martial arts class.
59. Visited Russia. (I think is born out of watching all the Russian Red Wings.)
60. Served at a soup kitchen.
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies.
62. Gone whale watching.
63. Gotten flowers for no reason. (Tirzah once brought me flowers when I was hosting dinner for a small group of friends.)
64. Donated blood, platelets, or plasma. (I pass out when having blood tests taken so no thanks.)
65. Gone sky diving.
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp.
67. Bounced a check.
68. Flown in a helicopter.
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy. (Not really a toy but I still have the first quilt my aunt Nancy gave me for Christmas when I was 8.)
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial.
71. Eaten Caviar.
72. Pieced a quilt. (I technically have one border left to add but I am so close to done I am counting it.)
73. Stood in Times Square.
74. Toured the Everglades.
75. Been fired from a job.
76. Seen the Changing of the Guard in London. (I still a little sad we didn't make it when we were in London but I am hoping to go back anyway.)
77. Broken a bone. (Really my sister broke it for me.)
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle. (No thanks - one of the owners of my engineering firm was in a motorcycle accident and broke his back and had to have his hips replaced. I don't plan to ever get on one.)
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person.
80. Published a book. (Through blurb.com you can create a book of photos and I would love to do that but that probably isn't what they mean but it's still a book.)
81. Visited the Vatican.
82. Bought a brand new car.
83. Walked in Jerusalem.
84. Had your picture in the newspaper. (Chester once was and the caption was "Chester, the dog,...)
85. Read the entire Bible.
86. Visited the White House. (Like Suzanne I have seen it from the outside.)
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating. (I'm sure Russ would take me and teach me everything if I really wanted to but I think I will pass.)
88. Had chickenpox.
89. Saved someone’s life.
90. Sat on a jury.
91. Met someone famous. (Can I pick who it would be? Most movie actors - no thanks. But I would love to meet and have a real conversation with Steve Yzerman or Gordie Howe or a few of the other Red Wings.)
92. Joined a book club.
93. Lost a loved one.
94. Had a baby.
95. Seen the Alamo in person.
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake.
97. Been involved in a law suit. (I have been amazing how frequently people have suggested suing someone over the smallest things. It just sounds like a horrible why to handle things and a big pain in the butt.)
98. Owned a cell phone. (What adult at this point hasn't?)
99. Been stung by a bee.

3 comments:

Thursday said...

I can't imagine Disneyland being that much different from the eastern version, myself.

Never built a snow fort? Yeah, I'd blame it on your siblings, too. You do have nieces now...or are at the stage where they think they're too old for snow forts?

Oh, and I probably have walked on a beach by moonlight, too...come to think of it, I'm pretty sure I did that last summer. Also, since one of the most photographed sunsets I ever experienced was in Sarasota, we must have walked back with SOME moonlight, anyway.

Kiss in the rain, dance in the rain, run around like an idiot in the rain...I just like the rain. :)

Kerri said...

The nieces have gotten too old to build a fort, or at least any adult, even if it is an aunt rather than a parent. Hopefully in a few years the nephews will be up for Christmas.

CSL said...

What a fun list. I need to complete this and see how many of these activities I've experienced.

I love your cow bookends. I live in Texas and love cows!