Sunday, August 24, 2008

What's New With Me - Part 2

So I thought of a few things I intended to include but forgot so here is part 2.

First, as Suzanne pointed out we went to Europe last summer. We met one of my friend's from Denver in Vienna and went on to do a whirlwind tour. In 10 days we saw Vienna, Salzburg, Paris, London, Oxford, Stonehenge, did lots of random driving, Bristol, Liverpool, Chatsworth House, and back to London. It was a lot of fun but on the next trip to Europe I hope to spend a little more time in each place but going to fewer places. Not that I have any idea when that will be.

Also, 5 years ago I bought a townhouse. I have learned that not only do I not like white, I can't just pick a paint color and paint a room. Each room I have painted has involved at least 4 different paint colors. This is a time consuming process for me but I enjoy doing it and I have loved the rooms when I get done with them. The downside to the townhouse is that it was built in the early 60's and still has the original bathrooms and kitchen so are they ever stylish. I would like to gut both bathrooms and the kitchen and do something more modern with them but I need to stop traveling half across the world every year to come up with the money to do this.

And on Friday I will turn 30, which I have been dreading since I turned 29. This summer I have realized my real problem with that is that I always subconsciously thought I would be married by now. And so now I hate the idea of turning 30 and still being single. I realize I just need to be content with where God has placed me and I know that he is in control and it will all be in his timing. But it's still a struggle. And don't bother to tell me that 30's are the new 20's or the best time of your life. Plenty of people have told me that but it has yet to help. So there's an honest answer on how I am feeling right now.

So enough about me, how are you?

2 comments:

Thursday said...

When I turned 29 people were saying things like, "Oh, you're young still," which made me laugh because nobody ever says that when they don't think that could be an issue. So even saying things like "30's are the new 20's" (seriously? come on...) shows that they at the LEAST think it could be a problem for you. Summary: if you really don't think something's a big deal, then you don't MAKE it a big deal.

NoCoMom said...

I will say from personal experience, a year can make a huge difference (or even 9 months). I continue to pray for a great man to sweep you off your feet : )