Sunday, July 13, 2008

Updates on Rain and my Internet Service

So first on the rain, we get three days in a row where it rained for 15-30 minutes and apparently that is our raining season. This week I heard a radio DJ say that were headed in a dry spell and we weren't going to be seeing any more rain for a while. I realize DJ's aren't really the authority on it but it made me laugh that she was implying that 3 days of a little bit rain was a wet spell.

On to my Internet and Cable woes. I still don't have any service at home so I am reduced to staying at work late and coming in on the weekend to check my email and make sure the world around Denver hasn't exploded. I am adjusting to not knowing what is going on in the world but I will would like to be able to know.

You probably don't care but here is my current situation with Comcast and my internet woes. Three separate Comcast techs have been to my house since this started - 2 this week. And the next one is scheduled to come out July 21. Tech #2 should have been able to fix it and he was scheduled to put in a new cable from the box to my house but he apparently left without doing anything (I was at work but the tech called me while I was at work with a question so I know he was there) but didn't bother to tell anyone at Comcast why he didn't or schedule any else to come out. When I got home from work and it didn't work I called Comcast and they have no idea what he did or didn't do or why he didn't fix it. So they scheduled Tech #3 and told me he should be able to figure out where the line was broken and splice it. I didn't believe this - it sounded like a line to prevent me from yelling at him. But it was a good thing I didn't believe him because he tried to find out where it was broken but no luck. So Tech #4 is scheduled to come out and do what Tech #2 was suppose to do.

So far a couple of decisions have arisen from all this. One, I love having the internet in home. I have been reminded over and over how much easier it is to find information with the internet. But I am going to be more responsible in how often I use and how much time I send on the computer. I don't need to check my email as often as I did, I am not going to self combust without it. But then going to the opposite way I have decided to join Facebook. I am really not sure when and how I came to this conclusion but I have been toying with the idea for about a year now and apparently 3+ weeks without the internet is going to throw me into it. Again, I don't know why.

But if Comcast doesn't get my TV working by the time the Olympics start (still several weeks away) they are going to start getting several nasty phone calls from me. They are already guaranteed a letter about how poor their customer service is.

1 comment:

NoCoMom said...

Sorry this has been so furstrating! By the way, Facebook is great - do it!