Sunday, July 27, 2008

I have finally started...

My Europe Scrapbook!

I have only been talking about starting it for about 6 months. So finally over the 4th of July weekend I officially started. Here are the 3 pages I have so far.



Inspired of course by Suzanne's (and now mine as well) crazy tradition of taking pictures of our feet.


Here are a few
observations on the scrapbook so far. First, scrapbooking is far more time consuming than I remembered. Or maybe it's just it has been so long since I have worked on a scrapbook that I spent too much time agonizing over the little details. (It being being me this is entirely possible.) Also, I discovered I enjoy shopping for the stuff more than I enjoy doing it. I do enjoy scrapbooking but I really do like looking at all the stuff you can buy for them now. And my third observation, I discovered this as I started to layout my next page - I printed WAY too many pictures to possibly use. (For details see my post "An Overwhelming Task" published in January.) I knew I wouldn't use all them when I printed them but wanted to give myself options. Now I have firmly decided that I gave myself way too many options.

But now that I have completed 3 pages and used 15 pictures I am so close to done that I should start working on my next adventure. Oh wait, I actually have. But more on that later...

3 comments:

Thursday said...

These pages made me smile a lot. Excellent! :)

Kerri said...

I thought you might enjoy them.

NoCoMom said...

Looks great! Maybe we should schedule a scrapbook day? I could finally start my wedding album!